It is that dreaded time of year; Daylight Savings. We gain an hour of sleep but it feels like we lose two hours of daylight in the evening. It is already dark when you get home from work, and temperatures start to drop and the wind starts to pick up, which means it’s time to prep for winter. Whether it is cleaning out your fireplace, getting your coats moved to the front closet or starting to plan out your holidays, don’t forget to add another to-do to your fall list; annual roof inspection.
No matter where you live, winter usually means a change in the weather forecast for the next few months. That doesn’t mean the same issues for every home or business owner, but it does mean that you need to make sure your roof is in good condition before the beginning of winter weather arrives.
- First, start by contacting an experienced roofing company or crew to discuss roof winter preparation. Most experienced and seasoned companies offer free roof inspections on the initial call, so be sure to cash in on that offer whenever you get the chance!
- Once you have someone on your property, ask about the current status of the roof, if there are any signs of leaks or damage clearly visible from the inside or outside or if any extra precautionary measures need to be taken to deal with the future winter weather. If you have any questions at all, ask away!
- Make sure to work with an honest, trustworthy crew who will provide their feedback to you without a sales pitch and is looking out for the best interest of you and your property.
- If using a local crew, they will know what to look for to protect your home from the region’s regular weather, but if they are not from the area, be sure to walk them through the normal weather tendencies to help with their feedback to you.
- Even if repairs aren’t needed, it never hurts to be on a first name basis with anyone in the construction or renovation field.
Before booking your next roofing job, be sure to talk with each roofing company you’re considering and get their feedback and advice on what precautions and extra measures need to be taken for your home or business. No roof is the same, so trust a company who has experience under their belt like Absolute Roof Restoration!
Interested in our services? Contact Larry Latimer at (903)477-6138 or Arturo Garcia at (903)879-2039 for a free estimate.