Severe storms can cause severe stress to you and your home. It can result in minor damages that cause leaking in your guesthouse or it can be a complete rebuild of your entire home, but you need to be prepared to take the necessary steps in submitting an insurance claim for your roof if something does happen to you.
Step 1: Examine Your Roof and Home for Damage Immediately
- What Looks Off Different?
- What Damage Was There Before?
- Is This Something New?
- Is the Top of My Roof Okay?
- Is the Inside of My Home or Business Damaged?
- Is this Water, Wind, or Hail Damage?
-Be sure to take pictures of any damaged areas from multiple angles for visual proof
-Mark any already-existing damaged areas before the storm/incident that caused the additional damage
-Document Your Finds Carefully & Fully
Step 2: Contact Your Adjustor
- Ask Any Questions You Have
- Make Sure You Qualify for A Claim
- Research Shingle, Roof & Material & Repair Costs Ahead of Time for Reference
- Build Good Standing Relationship with the Adjustor for Future Situations
Step 3: Contact Your Insurance Agent for A Formal Review
- Be Sure You Are on Site for the Insurance Agent Visit
- Watch Everyone Carefully & Even Take Pictures or Notes
- Ask Questions About Damage & Process Along The Way
- Show Your Complete Evidence of Damages
- Don’t Settle for Less Than You Deserve!
- You Should Pay Your Deductible, Insurance Should Pay for The Rest
Step 4: Receive Your Claim
- Argue or Appeal If Lower Than Expected
- Deposit or Cash Check Immediately for Safekeeping
- Do Not Spend on Other Repairs, Goods or Services
Step 5: Setup Repairs/Renovations
- Contact Roofers in Your Area for Pricing
- Use Familiar Companies That Have Positive Reviews or You Have Had Good Experience with in The Past
- Be Mindful of Your Claim Amount & The Roof Bid
- Choose A Company That Has Experience Working with Insurance Claims
- Let the Professionals Do Their Job
Roof insurance claims are not necessarily an easy, enjoyable process, so make sure you have someone in your corner who is experienced and can help answer any questions you may have!
Before booking your next roofing job, be sure to talk with each roofing company you’re considering and get their feedback and advice on what precautions and extra measures need to be taken for your home or business. No roof is the same, so trust a company who has experience under their belt like Absolute Roof Restoration!
Interested in our services or financing options? Contact Larry Latimer at (903)477-6138 or Arturo Garcia at (903)879-2039 for a free estimate.