Southern weather is tough; There is no doubt about it. 80% of the year, it could be triple digit temperatures outside and you wouldn’t be surprised. Factor in high and unforeseen wind gusts with random flood watches every few weeks and you could be in Amarillo or Atlanta or anywhere else in between. With always-changing weather, it is more important than ever to make sure your roof and home are ready for anything.
From the moment your foundation concrete is poured until the last section of paint has dried, you want to make sure you have a high-quality home that will be the best for you and your family. No one ever plans to build an “okay” home to live in. They want the very best that they can provide for their family, whether that involves materials, labor or a list of other things. A home means protection for you and yours and you always want to make sure to protect your most precious asset.
We have constantly talked about ways to improve your home and help your changes at avoiding damages or disaster, but you can also establish habits to help keep your house and roof safe year-round and ready for anything.
Here are some easy ways to stay ahead of weather and to make sure you are prepared for whatever nature throws at your home:
- Inspect the Inside & Outside of Your Home Once A Season
- Check your attic for anything that could hurt the interior of your home by puncturing walls or ceilings.
- Look for water stains or mold-like smells around exterior walls
- Keep your roof clean of leaves or tree limbs that could cause your shingles and roof structure to warp
- Avoid any decorations that could damage your roof with clasps, nails or staples!
- Keep Track of Your Roof Materials Lifespan
- It is inevitable that your roof with worsen over time, but sometimes it happens quicker than others. After your roof is installed or fixed, keep a list of the materials used with their lifespan dates listed so you know what to keep an eye out for and when it might be time for a new roof
- Don’t Know the Answer? Ask!
- A majority of roofing companies offer free inspections. Use that to your advantage!
- Use multiple roofing companies for the free inspections as an easy way of getting a second opinion.
- Always be mindful of online reviews and experience of companies.
Before booking your next roofing job, be sure to talk with each roofing company you’re considering and get their feedback and advice on what precautions and extra measures need to be taken for your home or business. No roof is the same, so trust a company who has experience under their belt like Absolute Roof Restoration!
Interested in our services? Contact Larry Latimer at (903)477-6138 or Arturo Garcia at (903)879-2039 for a free estimate